Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

I had the entire week off from work for spring break. Here is a review of all the fun things we got to do!

Monday~We were still in Beaver City after spending the weekend down there. We drove home that afternoon and unfortanetly Carson got car sick on the way home. I quickly pulled over and stood there for a brief second trying to decide what I could possibly do to help the situation. I quickly opened the back and attempted to find some clean clothes, a plastic bag, and wipes that were all burried under the stroller. A State Patrol man pulled over to make sure everything was fine and at that point I was close to having things under control when a road grader came down the road...and of course the dirt was all blowing towards the Jeep. We got all the doors closed just in time! 40 minutes of driving with the smell of a puke covered carseat came close to making me throw up as well!

Tuesday~ Carson had preschool in the morning and then after naps we drove to Lexington for a playdate with Kagan, Laikyn & Kannon. Jason also managed to squeeze in enough time to check Carson's eyes and we are happy to report he has 20/20 vision. The kids enjoyed playing at the church park and we all enjoyed supper at San Pedro.

Wednesday~ Another playdate....this time Stef & Eiley came over to our house to play! She will be coming to our house for a few Fridays while her sitter is on maternity leave so we were happy to spend some time with her before hand. It was great to talk with Stef and I really wish she would come back to work for KPS!

Thursday~ We had some overdue books so we made a trip to the Library and Carson & Collin enjoyed playing with some toys, reading books and of course....we brought a huge bag full home!Carson had his hearing checked at ESU 10 that afternoon. I have assisted with many of these for my kids on my caseload and decided it would be nice to know more about Carson's ears. He happens to have "selective" hearing! Carson ended up throwing up AGAIN this evening and he later told me that he drank some milk from a cup that had been sitting out all day. GROSS! He was in the bathtub when he did it but that bad part was Collin was too!

Friday~ We made a trip to the Children's Museum and the kids had a good time. We had to leave early though because Carson has been a little rough with Collin the past couple of days and he decided to hit me when I asked him to play nicely. I promptly placed him in time-out and said if he was mean again we would go home....and then he kicked me! Oh....I just love having a 3 year old! So...our trip to the museum was cut short but hopefully next time he'll remember to be nice.

Brett came home tonight and we will be spending the rest of the weekend together as a family!

A quick little note about Carson.....he came downstairs on Thursday night and asked me to shut off his pet pig, Wilbur. I was trying to get him shut off and I looked up and he was winking at me. He leaned in and gave me a big hug and said, "I love it when you get to stay home all the time. It makes me happy!" I teared up. I've enjoyed the past week together too!

No comments: