Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Place Called Home

I am lucky enough to have two places that I call home. Of course our home is in Kearney as you know. But I also call Beaver City home. It's the town I grew up in and the town where my parents still reside. It's another place I consider home. I don't get back there near as often as I should but there are certain occasions that I just can't seem to miss. It's not so much about me anymore. It's about my boys. I love watching them experience the same things I was able to experience growing up. Being able to play outdoors and not have to worry about traffic or strangers, everyone knowing who you are and always calling you by name, and one of my favorites as a kid......Eager Beaver Days!

Grand Marshal's of the parade included my dad, Jacob Becker, and A.J. Perkins for their services in Iraq & Kuwait.

Carson could hardly wait for the parade. He was up at 3:30am and again at 6 o'clock asking if it was time to go yet. He filled his bag with candy and his little body with sugar!

Collin enjoyed watching all the excitement this year. He pointed to a lot of things that seem to catch his eye....the band, trucks, tractors, motorcycles, and firetrucks.

Carson was able to participate in the turtle races this year. Thanks to the Tegtman family for supplying the turtle and painting and cool "C" for Carson on its back!

Another big moment (according to Carson) during the Eager Beaver Day celebration
was the water fight put on by the local volunteer fire department.

I do believe that during out entire trip home, this may have been the only time I seen this kid standing still. What I wouldn't do to have that energy again! I'm so thankful that I have two places that I can call home....and our boys can appreciate every second of it. Just like I do.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awesome pictures and great post! You made me wish I was there. :-)