Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday Cake Drama


It's the day Carson & I have been waiting for...Brett's Birthday! Carson & I planned months ago that we would order Brett his own cake from Daylight Donuts. They have always made the boys' and I decided that twice a year just isn't enough. They are scrumptious! So.....I pick up the cake this morning and as I'm walking into the house the box presses against me and rubs the front of the cake. @$#&! I quickly come to the conclusion (after taste testing the part left on the box)that I could smooth out the frosting and no one would ever notice. However, the camoflauge design was airbrushed on and only white frosting appeared when I smoothed the knife acrossed it. I'm thinking at this point that I have totally blown and great looking cake....or at least a good photo of it! I stewed over this for quite some time at work and came to the conclusion that I could stick the gift card I purchased for Brett to the front of the cake. I ran to Cabela's to exchange the 5 little cards I had for 1 big ($$$ that is not size) one. While there, I noticed a nice post card of the Kearney Cabela's and decided I'd purchase it just in case (even better news when I found out it was free!). Anway, to make a long story short, I opted for the post card and the cake turned at like this......delicious and completely edible!
Happy Birthday Brett! We Love You!

1 comment:

Ms. Melody said...

That is perfect! I love it!