Friday, August 7, 2009

Surprise Visit!

Several weeks ago I received a message from one of Brett's Marine Corp buddies. Jonathan and his fiance, Deborah were going to Sturgis and had planned to stop by and surprise Brett on their way back to Colorado. I did very well at keeping the surprise until the night before when our basement floor drain decided to back up and flood our guest bedroom. So....I spilled the beans and was happy I did when he told me he was planning to work until 9pm that night! Jackson was home on his 2 week leave from Afghanistan so Jonathan and I were able to talk him into driving up here from Manhattan too!


I had a babysitter lined up and we took our "surprise" guests out for supper and drinks at the Alley Rose. It was delicious! My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard at the stories the guys told. It is amazing that they are still alive after the non-combat related stupid things they did!
After we ate supper, we headed over to Cunningham's where they had live music and $1.00 beers. We all enjoyed the great conversations and playing pool.

Awww! Not too often do we get a picture together!

Deep in concentration!
Our "surprise" guests stayed two nights before heading home. The kids had a great time playing with them and to be honest....it was quite quiet around here when they left.







No comments: