Sunday, November 23, 2008

Collin has croup:(

On Friday Collin had a runny nose and when I put him to sleep that night I heard him start coughing. I went upstairs to check on him and he was choking on the drainage. I called the Dr. and they recommended I bring him into Urgent Care so I didnt have to make a trip to the ER during the night. The Dr. there said he had Bronchitis and put him on some Amoxicillan. We finally got him settled into bed and I woke up to him coughing again at 11:45pm. He was struggling to breathe so I ended up running him into the ER. Before we got there he was barking like a seal. The nurse who saw us immediately said he had croup. The Dr. confirmed it and they gave him a breathing treatment and a shot of steroids. We were home by 1:15am. Collin slept well the rest of the night but when he got up he wouldnt stop crying. He cried for over an hour before falling asleep in my arms. The rest of the day went exactly like that. Finally around 5:30pm he was acting a little more like himself. After finally finding a machine for his breathing treatments, we put him to bed at 6:30pm. He slept until 6am so we all got plenty of sleep! Carson went with Grandma Carol and Grandpa Dutch so he got plenty of much needed attention.

No comments: